Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Internship @ MOSAIC THEATRE (Week 3)

Hey there again,

So it's been three long weeks at the Mosaic Theater, but they have been so wonderful. I've truly learned so much and have been inspired to even one day maybe hold up my own theater company...maybe :).

This third week was great because my boss told me that I was doing an incredible job and they now started asking me about my acting experience and if I would ever be interested in acting for them. This is the opportunity of a lifetime as this exactly where I was hoping to go with this Internship.

So we spoke about me as an actress, what my talents are, where my strengths and weaknesses are, and what roles I would be interested in. Finally, I gave him my head-shots and resume and he put me on the list for the actors/actresses to be called to come in an audition. He explained that they hold a huge open audition first, so they can see all the options for actors/actresses before the season commences, then they host call backs during the season for different roles.

I'm so very excited to come audition for them and to be part of the one of their many great plays. A lot of people come to watch these plays, especially important directors, producers, writers, etc. This could maybe be my break...

Anyway, another exciting thing that happened this week was that I finally got to sit in and watch The Edge of Our Bodies, their 5th and last play of their 11th Season, starring Lexi Langs.

Watching this play was bittersweet to be honest. The play, set, context, is beyond incredible. It's a very tragic, emotional, and inspiring story. I definitely would recommend it to anyone who has time to watch the play, especially young women as it is a coming of age play. Lexi did such a GREAT job. She was spot on and even had me crying towards the end of the show, but I felt so jealous. Not in a bad way, I just know I could have played that part so brilliantly as well. I found myself really connecting with the character and the story. So in a way it's really good I got to watch the play and experience these emotions because it inspired me so much more to start getting myself out there because I could land roles like this if I push myself hard enough.

Besides these two events though, the week was good. A lot of filing and organizing had to take place. I also helped my boss, Jon, prepare for next season's promotions.

The thing about working for a theater is that your working in the name of art sort of. I've found myself talking about the plays to people back in Boca, encouraging them to come see the plays as it's such a wonderful emotional experience.

Working for Mosaic Theater truly is working for a bigger cause...

I love it.

Keep reading for more of my weeks at Mosaic Theater, and if you're around... COME SEE THE PLAY!! This weekend is our last weekend.

If interested, call for tickets or more information to:

(954) 57 STAGE

or go online to mosaictheatre.com


Happy Acting,
Gracias
    

No comments:

Post a Comment