Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Internship @ MOSAIC THEATRE (Week 7)

Although week 7 was not as interesting as the past few weeks, it was a week of hard work and lots of learning. Throughout the week my job entailed recording all emails, mailing addresses, phone numbers, and personal work information from all of Mosaic Theatre's patrons on PatronMail. PatronMail is a networking email site where companies can send large email blasts to all of their customers. Each customer can also be searched and emailed individually, as all of their information is in their account.

I was handed a list of over 3,000 patrons, so basically that's what I did the entire week. It was a little tiring and dull but I got to see the range of patrons Mosaic has all over Florida and even in some other places like New York and Los Angeles.

I learned the the way Mosaic Theatre got a hand on 3,000 new patrons was because they made a trade with the Caldwell Theatre; patrons for patrons. I thought that was a very smart business move, because now Mosaic is getting even more recognition across Florida.

So this made me think…How can I take all that I'm learning here about 'spreading the word' and apply it to the Lynn Drama Club?? After all, the Lynn Drama Club does have a few issues with awareness amongst the Boca and Florida community. We are in desperate need of larger number of audiences and more sold out shows. Nonetheless, this is why week 7 was so important.

As passed onto PatronMail all of this information, I started making a little Ideas List for the Lynn Drama Club; some marketing, social networking, and creative ideas. First, I thought the Lynn Drama Club should be a little more involved with the community via social networks, so I thought that it would be a great idea to set up the Club with a Tumblr, Twitter, StumbleUpon, and PatronMail account. It's an easy and great way of getting the company out there. As an actress, I was taught about the importance of social media and the impact it can have on a society as Internet-friendly as today. An important way of getting yourself known is to open up accounts wherever you could. So, I'm pretty sure this should apply to the Lynn Drama Club to.

Second, I thought it would be a great idea for the Club to start having some fill out charts at the entrance of every play, so that people could leave their information and subscribe to get more information about the Club and what we do. We could add them to PatronMail and sending everyone monthly BLASTS. It's also a great way of contacting them and sending them specials about all of our auditions and workshops.

The list had more ideas, but some that are still a working progress. Regardless, this week was a interesting one and I had a lot to learn and to pass on for the Lynn Drama Club. I really feel like it's a great way of taking all that I'm doing this summer and apply it to things that matter; like I'm hopefully going to be able to make a difference in the Drama Club at Lynn.

Happy Acting,
Gracias


No comments:

Post a Comment